Beeves are harvested in the late summer and fall after a spring, summer and fall of grazing on top quality grasses and legumes between the ages of 24-29 months of age. They are processed at a local abattoir that is provincially inspected. The beeves are dry aged for 14 days (but can be hung longer upon request) to ensure a tender, quality product.
Beeves are available in quarters, halves or as a whole beef and is sold by the pound, hanging weight. Each half can be individually cut and customized to our customers wants and needs. You can order a whole, a half or a quarter and split it with friends or family.
Pricing is charged per pound on the animal's hanging weight. There are also charges for the cut and wrap from the butcher, and a small disposal and slaughter fee.
Don't be disappointed, order early, as the supply is limited.
- To order, contact us either via phone or email.
- Your name will be placed on a waiting list and as time gets closer to harvesting the beef a deposit will be required.
- When the beef is delivered to the abattoir, and butchered the balance remaining is then due.
- The butcher will contact you for cutting instructions; don't worry it is a simple process that they will walk you through.
- When the beef has been cut and wrapped to your families specifications and is ready for pickup I will contact you and arrange for pickup or delivery.
- At the time of pickup, you will pay the butcher directly for the cut and wrap fees as well as your share of the disposal and slaughter fee.